Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to make your eyes whiter without surgery or drops?
Clear, sparkling eyes are an indication of good health and happiness whereas tired, dull eyes give the impression of illness and sadness. There are many causes for eyes looking dull and lifeless, which include health problems like dehydration and not knowing how to rehydrate quickly. Other factors affecting healthy eye appearance include fatigue, lack of sleep because you’re working long hours, too much exposure to a screen, excessive smoking and drinking, nutritional deficiency and even having a weak liver.
Solving the problem of how to make your eyes whiter without eye drops doesn’t have to be a complex one. In fact, you’re in the right place, right now. Here are some ways which can help you to learn about how to improve your eye health without medication:
1. Engage your eyes in eye exercise
Yes, eye exercises exist! Eye blinking exercises are a natural way to help your eyes relax and sparkle. All you have to do is repeat the following steps several times, throughout the day.
- Shut your eyes and squeeze them tightly.
- Then open them as wide as possible.
- Keep repeating the process until you feel your eyes watering.
This exercise is a convenient way of quickly rehydrating your eyes and preventing them from feeling dry and irritated. Knowing how to rehydrate your eyes is particularly useful if you live in dry climates or environments, or during hot summer months. This exercise is an effective way of making your eyes white without eye drops.
2. Routinely give your eyes an eye massage
This is another remedy for making your eyes whiter as massaging aids in enhancing blood circulation towards the eyes, and thus lowering eye strain. Here’s how to do this:
- Add a few drops of coconut or olive oil to your fingertips.
- Gently massage the inner and outer eye corners with your fingers. Do the same to your eyebrows and under the eyes.
- Massage daily in this way.
Just remember not to get any oil in your eyes! Rinse your eyes if you do get any oil in them.
3. Water is your best friend when it comes to hydration of eyes
Yes, you definitely have to know how to hydrate quickly as your eyes need proper lubrication for a clear attractive appearance. You do this by:
- Splashing your eyes a number of times daily with normal temperature water.
- Not staring too long at your computer screen and blinking often in order to prevent eye dryness.
- Drinking a lot of water and eating fresh fruit and vegetables.
How much water do you have to drink a day in order for your body to function properly? According to the Mayo Clinic, men should aim to drink 3.7 liters a day and women 2.7 liters each day. However, this water can be in the form of soups, drinks, teas, and other fluid infusions.
4. Cucumbers are excellent compresses
Cucumbers are filled with great nutrients such as vitamin K, molybdenum, copper, vitamin C, biotin, and vitamin B1 needed to promote good eye health. Thanks to their high water content, cucumbers are very efficient for brightening eyes. Cucumber slices can soothe and brighten up tired eyes simultaneously. They also reduce under-eye puffiness and the formation of dark under-eye circles. All you have to do is:
- Cut and refrigerate thick cucumber slices for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lie down and place the chilled cucumber slices over your closed eyelids until their coolness fades.
- Rinse your eyes with water.
- Repeat the process if desired.
5. Get enough shut eye
Nothing is as important for the body as getting enough sleep. Sleep is important because it helps renew your cells, and rejuvenate your body. Getting enough sleep is a basic requirement for overall good health including your eyes. Sleeping for 7 to 8 hours will ensure that your eyes stay as white and bright as possible.
In order to enjoy sound sleep, do the following:
- Set and follow a well-formulated sleep schedule.
- Make sure there’s as little disturbance as possible and the room is well-ventilated.
- Don’t overeat or drink before going to sleep.
- Eliminate light sources such as phones and laptops so that you can properly rest.
Getting bright eyes naturally is possible!
It is possible to get bright eyes naturally without going under the knife and without using special eye medications. Simply follow these simple natural remedies and you’ll get beautiful sparkling white eyes without the requirement of any eye drops.